Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Today I...

  • Took my Dad back to the airport.
  • Searched on Ravelry for a pattern for someone's upcoming birthday. So many options and ideas but I think I settled on something simple enough to finish in a week (what??) and yet different than my recent projects (it's not a hat).
  • Walked to the vegetable market and picked up cauliflower, pumpkin, and some potatoes for dinner.
  • Hung all the sheets out to dry.
  • Stacked some books up next to my favorite chair in hopes of reading or re-reading them all soon.
  • Ate leftover chicken cordon bleu and twice baked potatoes with broccoli... yum.
  • Thought about my dad's visit and what a blessing it was. Thought about my mom and how she told him to go instead of her this time, since one of them must stay home to care for someone in their house. Thankful for and missing them both.
  • Decided to get my head out of this slump regarding holidays... got mildly excited about looking into ways to prepare for Thanksgiving and the Advent Season.
  • Remembered I still have insurance claims to file. Ugh.
  • Listened to Eva Cassidy on Pandora
  • Cuddled under warm blankets with two sleepy children, who didn't wiggle or try to get out, and read Rain, Goodnight Gorilla, and The Big Red Barn until they fell asleep.
  • Mushed up pumpkin.
  • Perused my favorite Op-Ed Columnist.
  • Had one, two, and then three cups of coffee.
  • Many other things. Some more, some less important than those mentioned here.

1 comment:

  1. i just started reading about velma, and your brother is almost done with grace at bender springs. he said he appriciates the way she writes about the characters. ... and you and me both with preparing for the holidays. before we know it, they'll be over.

    ReplyDelete