Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stripes for Scout


Originally, I thought this pattern was going to be a nice break from some of the similar items I've worked on recently, namely hats. I also had this leftover skein of camel colored yarn that I've been trying for what seems like forever to figure out a way to use. When I came upon this little sweater, I thought it was cute and would be perfect for using this bit of yarn that had yet to find a home.


As sad knitting stories go, about halfway into it I was growing less and less enthusiastic. The look of it just wasn't calling my name, or my little girl's as far as I could tell and I started to think I'd made a mistake. 

It was intended as a birthday gift, a size four for a girl turning two. I finished it two days late, and it took snapping a few pictures and seeing her wearing all that hand-worked goodness for me to start to feel any attachment towards it... reminding me a bit of my baby love story with that curly head as well. 






Here you have it then, a little bit of stripes for my sweet, sassy little Scout. 
I think I'll keep them both.






No comments:

Post a Comment