Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Days of Gray :: 18 {snow and stuff}


It snowed last night, which so rarely happens here that when it does we rush about taking pictures of it and stuffing it down each others necks. I was so intent on getting the kids up the hill and through the hazing of snowballs (without drenched pants and tears or anything like that) that I momentarily forgot this is their one chance to slam ice into another person's flesh and still all come away laughing about it. It took us a little longer to get to the bus but no harm was done and according to Curls, it was just like Christmas. In March.

We then spent part of the morning at a friend's house, where we do a running-switch-off (one goes while the other watches the kids, and then vice versa). She just started learning to sculpt on a wheel this past year and has been trying to do it when she can use both hands for something other than hold a baby or the hand of her two year old. I'm so proud of her... and the light on her little back porch "studio" is so pretty, I couldn't help but snap a few pictures.









3 comments:

  1. The light on the last photo is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about that plate with a pine branch for a collaborative photo diptych? I am trolling to find other shots that would work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to collaborate! Let me know if you need me to send you one

    ReplyDelete