Monday, April 19, 2010

come putz around my house

I've been pretty wordy lately, I will admit. So today I am just going to share a few moments with you via the camera. We had a couple exciting things happen here over the last couple days, exciting being a relative term that I use with a bit of liberty.

First up is our firstborn son, sporting his first ever lost tooth. I think he was a bit surprised and maybe slightly relieved at how excited his mom got about this event. I'm not sure why it affected me so much. I guess I never imagined myself with a bunch of babies, and certainly not with a five year old who looks like an eight year old and talks like a ten year old. And you just don't imagine imagine them getting all gap toothed and whistle-worded. It's so cute. 



















Then there was sweet little Ari, who I could hear faintly somewhere in the house, talking about the disciples and how they thought he was dead, but he really wasn't!!... and I came upon him "reading" this very long and detailed story to his poor little bear who must have felt a bit stiff from sitting so long. But his very attentive daddy eventually put him to bed after spending about forty five minutes constructing it.
















I also discovered this little treat. Our thrifted cabinet which houses all the coloring, puzzles, and paper for little hands, lost it's door (which it's done before but this time I think it's for good) to Kids Fighting Over Closing It Trauma. So now I just need to get a cute piece of fabric and sew up a little curtain with the sewing machine I don't yet have.






















In other news, I've been wanting to find an old desk to put in the back corner of my bedroom as a little haven for all my crafting supplies and projects. And the sewing machine I'm dreaming of. This goes against all the rules of making your bedroom your "haven" which I think I heard somewhere on Oprah or something but it is becoming increasingly impractical in our little apartment. I'm just not going to get that sewing room. Or laundry room for that matter. Or mud room. Or basement. But I'm okay with it! I think I'll enjoy sprucing up this little corner so maybe I'll post a new picture someday when it is all in order... and when I learn how to sew.
















The desk is from a friend who is moving away at the end of the school year. That's the sad part. I hate taking away furniture from people who are leaving. But I love the idea of it going to people you know. I actually love returning home and finding little bits and pieces of our past scattered throughout our friends houses. This particular desk is pretty rickety, but I love it's character.














































I think tomorrow may be the big day I finish my little sweater and I can't wait to share pictures with you, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog title! Such great details of God's blessings...you have a beautiful family, and a son who reads to his bear from the Bible? That's a treasure!

    ReplyDelete