Thursday, August 13, 2015

Gotcha Day Story

Well, my heart can't get enough of these Gotcha Day Stories, and maybe yours won't either. Another beautiful family beginning, and as always, I leave the session somewhat a wreck with lots of used tissues stuffed in my bag and pockets. The sweet foster mom, who is the live-in ayi at this orphanage, was clearly so attached and full of love for this sweet boy, and it was both heartbreaking and beautiful to watch her hand him over to his forever family. What a gift she has given him, to love him and care for his every need and to know him so intimately as she clearly did... but to generously and graciously give him over, in the sense that she tried not to make it hard for him or for the parents and seemed to have really prepped him for this day. I call this day the Beautiful Hard.


































5 comments:

  1. Oh, Christine. So heartbreakingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesomely perfectly wonderful. You captured the moment with excellence. I can feel every second of it like it was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...what beautiful captures! These pictures of my friend are just beyond words, and I thank you for allowing us here at home to share in the joy and the heartbreaking beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears and Joy..... over and over. A beautiful story of love and trust. God bless you and your special family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so amazing!
    We have a gotcha in Chengdu next week on the 25th. Any chance we could book that day with you? If so email me, we would love it! Charityoverton@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete