Saturday, July 18, 2015

197/365 the fifth day


| big |
...and the baddest lookin size of a bass anyone has caught here, at the hands of this young man. He was proud and shy and i was too late to get the fish and the boy together.


| fireside |
...on this blustery day, where even the texture of birch logs stacked merrily together amidst pinecones strewn like candy delights me. All of nature is the best art.


| killing me softly |
... with all the good stuff of berries on berries and such...



| reminders |
...less than two weeks left in the country and I can get a little fearful thinking about heading back into the fray...the pollution and pace of our work and the limitations. I often feel this way before we go back and it's always a bit of a battle. I don't feel ready.

But last night as I started reading an old favorite, The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, the wise words of her father came to me like they were straight from God.

"When you and I go to Amsterdam-- when do I give you your ticket?
"Why, just before I get on the train."
"Exactly. And our wise Father in heaven knows when we're going to need things too. Don't run out ahead of Him, Corrie. When the time comes... you will look into your heart and find the strength you need just in time."

He was talking about more weighty things like death and she was in the context of circumstances like a nazi concentration camp, which pales my life to a small pebble of problems. But her God is my God and He is working here just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment