Monday, February 16, 2015

47/365 Get Out of the City

It never fails to amaze me how much good it does to get out of the city. I love the city. I hate the city. I love the city... 

But our bodies crave fresh air. Light through the trees. Dirt under our feet. Some form of a hue of blue in the sky. 

Why is it that every single time we get out as a family, into some form of nature, we are immediately refreshed, body, mind and soul? It feels almost silly, the amount of good it does us.

As always, we are grateful when we can do it together, and with friends it gets even better. As I sat on our rooftop this morning, drinking in the goodness of the presence of God in the many ways he gives it to us, feeling weights lift and seeing a light in the sky, I knew it. I knew today was going to be a good day.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment