Tuesday, March 8, 2016

| Surprised by Joy | A Gotcha Day Story

 Recently, a few people have asked if these sessions have become old hat to me. And I've thought a bit about it, because there are inevitable routine similarities that run through the stories of any Gotcha Day. It's true... I do know what to expect, and I'm not wiping as many tears out of my eyes and trying as hard to keep a soggy face from fogging up the camera.

But what has not become routine is these very real lives being knit together. In a swift moment. It breaks and builds up my heart every time. I walk away thinking about all the dynamics this new family will be dealing with, and then my own family, my kids, my parents, other families, children in this city, and the list goes on, until I come back to-- thank you. Thank you for each good creation of one family that reflects the heart of God.

Yesterday I had the intense pleasure of spending just a few hours with one such family. I loved their vibe from the first moment I met them. And they were so real, relatable, and intensely sweet with their new daughter, who in turn surprised everyone with her slow but then genuine turn to joy and sweet interaction. I was happy for them, and for her. Not everyone in the room had the same experience, and it was sobering to realize again that adoption is anything but glamorous. I was grateful we were able to get happy, light filled pictures for this family that truly reflected their first moments with their daughter. And it doesn't take away from the fact that this is just the beginning, that the road to being known and knowing your family is lifelong. But it was one sweetly, surprising good start.

















































Booe Gotcha Day from christine on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. I think the admin of this web page is truly working hard in favor of his web site, as here every stuff is quality based information.
    made in china

    ReplyDelete
  2. “It has been great to know that there is someone out there that knows about falling down and getting back up. We always stay humble and never give up, and for the help of Mr Benjamin lee of getting me Loan from his firm to expand my business, at a pivotal time. The support I received from his loan firm was quite honest and an interesting low rate in return, Mr Benjamin Lee is a loan officer working with a group of investors which are willing to fund any type of business or give loan for personal use as long as their repayment is guaranteed.
    You can contact theirs email on  247officedept@gmail.com  Or Whatsapp Mr lee on   +1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete