Monday, March 23, 2015

81/365 Let it Roll

The gift of daylight, first light, starting again, beginning anew.
But already, just a crack after dawn, I can feel the weight of it all.
The schedule, the needs of the week, the thoughts in my head, the burdens.
Cast all your cares. Cast. Cast. Casting. 
Roll, let them roll like a mighty boulder crashing down the mountainside
onto an altar. 
Don't go pick it up again. 
Oh, you picked it up again?
Cast it off. 
Or drop to your knees, and let Him 
take it for you.












1 comment:

  1. I've had moments such as this...moments where I feel like I am about to hyperventilate...claustrophobic as a to do list squeezes in on me. And I have to remind myself to breathe. To take it one thing at a time.
    PS I have a thing about egg pictures ~ just love 'em and yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete